Visible Thinking is a broad and flexible framework for enriching classroom learning in the content areas and fostering students' intellectual development at the same time.
Here are some of its key goals:
- Deeper understanding of content.
- Greater motivation for learning.
- Development of learners' thinking and learning abilities.
- Development of learners' attitudes toward thinking and learning and their alertness to opportunities for thinking and learning (the "dispositional" side of thinking).
- A shift in classroom culture toward a community of enthusiastically engaged thinkers and learners. [source]