The aim of the MYP Personal Project is to encourage and enable students to:
The Personal Project is assessed using four criteria. Each criteria is worth 8 marks.
You need to choose a topic to research that will help you to achieve a goal by creating a product. Choosing a global context will help you to focus your project.
You need to record all your thoughts, reflections, processes, planning, decisions, communications and more in a process journal.
This journal will provide you with the content to write your report at the end of the project. It must be comprehensive and annotated.
You will create a product or an outcome that best achieves your goal.
You will submit a report meeting the assessment criteria and accepted structure.
1. Report: including appendices (maximum of 10 A4 extracts from your Process Journal) The Process Journal is indirectly assessed through the extracts.
2. Product or outcome include the product or up to 5 still images or 30 seconds of video of the product
3. Academic Honesty form
4. Cover sheet
5. Process Journal for Presentation Evening (not assessed)
Please see Report checklist tab on this guide
You may consider the following questions as you choose a global context to provide focus for your project.
1. What do I want to achieve through my personal project?
2. What do I want others to understand through my work?
3. What impact do I want my project to have?
4. How can a specific context give greater purpose to my project?
The inquiry process in MYP projects involves a wide range of activities that extend knowledge and understanding and develops skills and attitudes.
The Personal Project involves:
Recommended time: 25 hours
Each project is completed individually. No group projects.
Project begins, September 2017
Submission: May 3, 2018